Frequently Asked Questions
Are there less expensive membership options than the $295/year Professional category?
Yes, there are a couple of less expensive options for those who qualify. See Below:
- A Young Professional Membership (ages 30 and younger) is only $95 annually.
- A Small Nonprofit Membership is $175/year for those nonprofit organizations who can answer yes to all the following criteria:
- An operating budget of less than $1,000,000;
- a fundraising department with less than two full time equivalent staff
- individually incorporated or otherwise organized as a separate entity in the laws of the specific country;
- and not affiliated with a larger institution supporting their operations.
- A Retired Membership is $120 a year and is open to individuals who no longer practice as paid fundraising professionals but who, at the time they seek Retired Member status, have been Professionals Members for the immediate past five consecutive years.
Help; I don’t qualify for any the discounted membership types but want to join AFP WNC.
Twice a year, June and November, AFP International offers $50 off any new Professional or Associate Membership. This discount is not available for already discounted membership categories. In 2017, AFP International has implemented a six-installment Payment Plan. Email email@example.com for details and approval.
I registered for an upcoming luncheon program but cannot attend. Can I get a refund?
Refunds are not available but with advance notice we can provide a one time use promocode for a future luncheon. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Credits are not available for or applied to Philanthropy Institute or National Philanthropy Day. If payment is pending and an attendee cancels without notice, an invoice will be emailed following the program.
I messaged AFP WNC but still haven’t had a response.
AFP WNC is primarily staffed by volunteers with one paid Chapter Administrator. If you have not received a reply, please email email@example.com
Is there a charge to post a job opening on AFP WNC?
Yes, a $50 posting fee is required for non-members pre-paid online. AFP member employment opportunities are shared free of charge. By posting on our website your opportunity is shared with over 1,400 monthly e-news recipients and our online readers for up to 90 days.
Visit our job board for more information. Organizations are welcome to share openings verbally during introductions at our monthly meetings.
We have an event I’d like to share with AFP WNC.
If you have an event or training opportunity to announce, please bring flyers for the luncheon/check-in tables.