Frequently Asked Questions
Are there less expensive membership options than the $295/year Professional category?
Yes, there are a couple of less expensive options for those who qualify. See Below:
- A Young Professional Membership (ages 30 and younger) is only $95 annually.
- A Small Nonprofit Membership is $175/year for those nonprofit organizations who can answer yes to all the following criteria:
- An operating budget of less than $1,000,000;
- a fundraising department with less than two full time equivalent staff
- individually incorporated or otherwise organized as a separate entity in the laws of the specific country;
- and not affiliated with a larger institution supporting their operations.
- A Retired Membership is $120 a year and is open to individuals who no longer practice as paid fundraising professionals but who, at the time they seek Retired Member status, have been Professionals Members for the immediate past five consecutive years.
Help; I don’t qualify for any the discounted membership types but want to join AFP-WNC.
Twice a year, June and November, AFP International offers $50 off any new Professional or Associate Membership. This discount is not available for already discounted membership categories. In 2017, AFP International has implemented a six-installment Payment Plan. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and approval.
I registered for an upcoming luncheon program but cannot attend. Can I get a refund?
Refunds are not available but with advance notice we can hold a credit in your name. When you register for a future meeting, select “pay at the door” and then remind the registrar of your credit. Credits are not available for or applied to Philanthropy Institute or National Philanthropy Day.
I messaged AFP WNC but still haven’t had a response.
AFP WNC is primarily staffed by volunteers with one paid Chapter Administrator. If you have not received a reply, please email email@example.com
Is there a charge to post a job opening on AFP-WNC?
Yes, AFP member employment opportunities are shared free of charge with over 1,400 monthly e-news recipients and our online readers for up to 90 days. A $50 posting fee is required for non-members pre-paid online.
Visit afpwnc.org/jobs/post-a-position/ to submit a job opportunity. Organizations are welcome to share openings verbally during introductions at our monthly meetings.
We have an event I’d like to share with AFP-WNC.
If you have an event or training opportunity to announce, please bring flyers for the luncheon/check-in tables.